Friday, April 10, 2015

Greece: In the Footsteps of Paul the Apostle

Mykonos

I found this picture and decided to share it with my readers. Look at all the white buildings! Beautiful.

In the near future I will be traveling to Greece. Our main purpose is to see some of the places which are mentioned in the  Bible as places the Apostle Paul traveled. However, everything about Greece interests me, from the fascinating stories in mythology to the ancient philosophers. Athens represents culture and the wisdom of the ages. One of the places we will visit while on a cruise of the Greek Isles is Mykonos, the whitewashed jewel of the Cyclades Islands. This is the way the island is described: "This charming, mountainous island is known for the hundreds of tiny chapels, white-washed buildings and beautiful windmills that dot the island." Okay, I'm ready to go! I'm hoping to get some ideas for something to write about. 

It's interesting how writers find ideas. When I travel with groups I often see things that inspire me, but I also find that often it's not just the scenery but it may be a comment that some fellow traveler makes that gives me an idea for a poem or story. In the future I will be writing more about my writing process and how ideas come together to form a story.



No comments:

Post a Comment